Old 15-08-2006, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default plant ID please

My thanks to everyone who responded, having looked at links the bush is
either V.Carlcephalum or V. Macrocephalum Judging by the growth habit in
the pictures I would incline to the former.
Its a pity that my wife wants ( me) to clear the patch where this growing
alongside a mock orange which has outgrown its site, not before ive taken
some cuttings though.
Many thanks
Regards
Cineman

"cineman" wrote in message
I have a large shrub which came from a cutting, taken from a recently
trimmed back shrub in a hospital car park.
The family have called it the snowball tree.
The mature leaves are quite large about 4 to 5 inches long and appear to
be covered in fine hairs.
The buds develope late summer/autumn, in fact they are developing now,
very tight about 1 inch across, they remain like this throughout the
winter, late winter early spring the buds open in the shape of a snow ball
with tiny white flowers.
Many thanks for any assistance
regards
Cineman