Old 15-08-2006, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam sam is offline

Default Greenhouse greenfly infestation- help

Easynews wrote:
"K" wrote in message
Easynews writes
I've tried all the bio remedies- parasitic flies of various species and
ladybirds. Now I'm facing millions of the greenflies- the air is thick

Are you sure they're greenfly? Most of them don't fly - they only have a
few flying individuals for dispersion. "Air is thick" sounds more like
whitefly, of which I too have a mega-infestation.

and
they are swarming over everything, tomatoes, courgettes, cucumbers, herbs,
and fruit has pretty well stopped growing. I've been a committed organic
gardener for years- but this has got beyond a joke- any tips? It is a
large
greenhouse- 18 feet by 10, full of plants.
PD

--
Kay

No, definitely greenfly. I'm an entomologist. There are lots and lots of
flying adults- but millions upon millions of larvae. I've never seen such a
bad infestation. I've spent a fortune on bio remedies- now I'm pointing
towards the chemical shelf at the local garden centre.

I wouldn't suggest this normally but you are so desperate here goes:

Cover your greenhouse with black plastic sheeting ... ...
Then open the door and stand back.

No need to tell you the result. If it works you will see for yourself.

Sam