Old 16-08-2006, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Raymond RUSSELL Raymond RUSSELL is offline

Default honeysuckle

Hello all

A slight diversion - perhaps I should start a new thread - but what is the
best way to give a honeysuckle a seasonal haircut ?
It's alonicera x heckrotti, I think, planted on a corner next to a window.
On the outside it is really beautiful with white and yellow flowers and a
delicious scent.
From inside the window, however, it's a mass of scraggy brown.
The problem is that if I cut out the scraggy brown mess I'm at the same time
cutting out the green live shoots - because it's all on the same stems.
Grateful for any ideas
(.¿.)
Raymond RUSSELL