Old 16-08-2006, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Brugmansia flowers

Charlie Pridham writes

The cuttings will often flower when in tiny pots and very small, but
established plants even if in a big pot once they get their roots to the
edge no amount of feeding will make them happy (say about 3 years in same
pot) so its either start again with a smaller plant or go up a couple of pot
sizes. Alternatively you could put it out in the ground after whipping off a
few cuttings for next year.

Thanks. How do I do cuttings from Brugmansia (cuttings are not my strong
point)?
And if I go for repotting, what time of the year? It's too late now for
flowers this year (Yorkshire). Am I better to repot now or will the
effect have worn off in spring?
If I get a cutting to grow, what do I need to do to encourage it into
flower?
--
Kay