Old 16-08-2006, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Neil Jones Neil Jones is offline

Default Rats

Uncle Marvo wrote:

Hi everyone

I've sneaked over from uk.rec.waterways, someone there suggested I ask
this one here.

I live on a boat, and I have discovered a rats nest nearby.

My plan is to use one of those systemic weedkillers which will kill all
the vegetation near the boat, mainly stinging nettles and such, and
neutralises when it hits the ground, and next spring plant something else
which rats either despise or which will kill them when they eat it.
Hopefully something which will stop the repeated growth of nettles, grass
etc. I don't mind what it is, as long as it has the desired effect!

Any suggestions? There are no pets or anything nearby, I was guessing that
ragwort? might do the trick.

Ragwort isn't actually very poisonous at all. I am aware there is a lot of
hysteria being spread by certain commercial interests but I have taken the
trouble to thorougly review the scientific literature.

For more information http://www.ragwortfacts.com/

Neil Jones