Old 19-03-2003, 08:08 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] OT Linux (PLS RESPOND OFFLIST)

I've used both Macs and Windows PC's professionally for 15 years. Never
been any choice between them in my mind for cost and ease of
configuration. Macs are for people who can afford them and don't want to
be bothered with dealing with any of the hiccups that both these complex
machines can throw up. Graphic designers who are too set in their ways
to upgrade to the superior platform also still tend to mistakenly favour
Macs.

Windows machines are currently ahead in all the important areas except
looks.

It's a personal viewpoint, but I do build and use them for work on some
pretty demanding applications like 3D animation and video editing. I've
moved up to Win2000 and WinXP on my 2 machines and am really happy with
them both.

Ducks behind fridge and giggles manically ;-)

Kev Bailey

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++