Old 17-08-2006, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default storing or preserving chilli's

, I, Marvo, say :

Gardening_Convert wrote:
I have grown several chilli's plants 'Bolivian Rainbow chilli's'
which have produced hundreds of small chilli's which are just
starting to ripen.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to store or preserve these
chilli's ?

what about doing some sort of minced chilli's that we have seen in the
shops or chilli jam etc etc

anyone done anything like that before ?

What I /do/ recommend is the chilli fiesta at West Dene College (West
Sussex). You've just missed this year's but it will be on again in 2007
(Early August I think). Costs about £6 to get in, and is worth going all
day. Everything chilli, demonstrations etc.

Waitrose seem to organise the bulk of it. Traffic is a problem so be early
You can preserve chillis for a long time in pickling vinegar, even longer in
the fridge in a sealed jar. Usually the dish won't taste of the vinegar
because the chillis will overpower it!