Old 17-08-2006, 12:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default What's your verdict?

wrote:

"J.C." wrote:

I would think it would be. By the way, pretty country up there. I'm stuck in
the flat lands of south Texas and with this heat it's like living on a
parking lot. About 25 years ago we went up to Branson and almost bought a
farm there for something like $150.00 an acre. Don't I wish we would have
done that?

I'm in Hannibal abt 5 hrs north of Branson

But I agree....wish Id bought land down there too as
well!!

However....Id LOVE to be in south Texas when its winter
up here!!

Got a travel trailer? South Texas is full of folks that winter over from
the colder states. Most residents call them "Snow Birds" but the
Chambers of Commerce call them "Winter Texans." At any rate they bring
some much needed green (money) into primarily agricultural area.

George, who used to live in South Texas