Old 17-08-2006, 01:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
J.C.[_1_] J.C.[_1_] is offline

Default What's your verdict?

Since you have no definitive answer, you will have to do "the
experiment". Next time you start plants, leave half of them in the cups
when you plant but take every other one out of the cup. See how the growth
of the two methods turns out. I can't help but wonder if the cup holds the
water around the stems longer that some plants can tolerate.

Steve

We did that this year. Didn't notice that much difference. But, holding the
water longer than can be tolerated is a good point. Might be something to
that.

--
J.C.