Old 17-08-2006, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Straw or sawdust - in with horse manure

Chris wrote:
Straw or sawdust - in with horse manure - which is best?
There are free supplies of either.
Which would be better for the garden or compost heap?
--
Chris

Either?
Though I wouldn't put horse manure in the compost heap - I'd rather let
it rot down well on its own, then use it on its own.
As to saw dust or straw, I have chucked both in the compost heap at
different times, and still ended up with delightful black gold in time
:-)

Cat(h)