Old 17-08-2006, 08:40 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
Chris Johnson Chris Johnson is offline

Default And some people say there's no God..........

Dan J.S. wrote:
"Victor Faraday" wrote in message
. ..
Last night just before bed, I looked out over my deck, and there
over the middle of it, was the most magnificent spider web ever
devised, shining in the spotlight. This wonder appeared perfectly
circular and was about the size--and very much resembled-- a
33 rpm phono record, with very precisely placed circular strands
close together with perfect symmetry. I still am not sure how
this little master builder anchored this creation; must've been the hedge
on one side and the chimney on the other, and maybe the deck; but
all this stuff was a good ways off, and the masterpiece was hanging
a good 8 feet over the deck. Another amazing thing is that we had
a heavy rainstorm not 3 hours earlier, so this beauty was designed and
built in less than 3 hours.

So here we have a creature, with a brain maybe the size of a grain of
sand,
and likely less than a year old, building something any civil engineer
would
show with great pride. I got up to pee around 3 a.m., looked out,
and it was already gone.

My dad, who is a chemical engineer, had a hard time believing in God. Then
he started studying quantum physics, and other complex sciences (he has a
PhD). He has turned extremely religious.

Does he follow a specific creed, or does he believe more in something
like Spinoza's god?

Claims there is no way that
'accidents' created the things that he studies - especially things on atomic
levels. As a matter of fact, this is not so uncommon amongst scientists.
They somehow get a lot more religious the deeper in science they get. Very
interesting stuff.