Old 17-08-2006, 09:52 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
John Baker John Baker is offline

Default And some people say there's no God..........

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:55:21 -0400, "Victor Faraday"
wrote:

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

My dad, who is a chemical engineer, had a hard time believing in God. Then
he started studying quantum physics, and other complex sciences (he has a
PhD). He has turned extremely religious. Claims there is no way that
'accidents' created the things that he studies - especially things on
atomic levels. As a matter of fact, this is not so uncommon amongst
scientists.

I've got an undergrad degree in physics myself,

From "Patriot University?"

and I concur. Religion
is not science and never will be. It is far beyond that.

Science is based on facts as far as we can know them. Religion is
based on superstition and wishful thinking.

They somehow get a lot more religious the deeper in science they get.

Fantastic design without designer is a harder thing to buy into than
belief in an Almighty alpha and omega.

Your lack of comprehension is not evidence for a god.

These atheist types are
trying hard to reply in clever & witty ways, but they remind me
of hayseeds who see priceless works of art as miscellaneous
smearing of paint on a canvas.

And you remind me of gullible marks who can be fooled into seeing
miscellaneous smearings of paint on canvas (Jackson Pollock, anyone?)
as "priceless works of art."

Idiot.