Old 17-08-2006, 09:54 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default And some people say there's no God..........

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:55:21 -0400, "Victor Faraday"
wrote:

I've got an undergrad degree in physics myself, and I concur. Religion
is not science and never will be. It is far beyond that.

Again I will bring up my own religious belief; I am a Buddhist
practitioner in the Gelugpa tradition, Mahayana sect, the Greater
Scope. Much of Buddhism is scientific. You cannot have the first
thing. It's nice to think god created the original chicken, but
atheists do not believe in that.

Fantastic design without designer is a harder thing to buy into than
belief in an Almighty alpha and omega. These atheist types are
trying hard to reply in clever & witty ways, but they remind me
of hayseeds who see priceless works of art as miscellaneous
smearing of paint on a canvas.

It's a harder thing to buy for YOU, but for me it makes perfect sense.
I don't like being called "these atheist types" because I don't go off
saying a harsh word about your beliefs. I assure you, I grew up in
NYC, I am by no stretch of the imagination a hayseed, and I've stood
in the Philadelphia Museum of Art and thought, look at that
miscellaneous smearing of paint on a canvas. It doesn't make me
ignorant to see art the way I see it. It's way too subjective, so
this is just another generalization you are making.