Old 17-08-2006, 10:00 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
Uncle Vic Uncle Vic is offline

Default And some people say there's no God..........

Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Cary Kittrell
) made the light shine upon us with this:

Such examples are endless, but my favorite is the trypanosome which
causes malaria. This organism sports a mechanism whereby it
continually shuffles the proteins on its cell surface, thereby causing
the human immune system to be forever one step behind, playing an
endless futile game of catch-up. This amazingly simple and elegant
Design feature has caused the death of countless millions.

My father had malaria, picked it up in the South Pacific during WW2.
Incurable. He didn't die of it, but he was always cold. He'd wear a thick
sweater in the desert in the summertime. He had to sell our house near the
beach to buy one about 20 miles inland because he couldn't take the cold.
I don't recall ever seeing his bare arms or legs. Some design, eh?

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011