Old 17-08-2006, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] me@privacy.net is offline

Default How many here grow food gardens inside green house year round?

The Cook wrote:

Anyone doing it?

Not many things will grow at 110°F which is what the temperature is in
mine right now (4:45pm). I am planning to start some tomatoes and
basil outside on the deck in the next few days. When it gets cool
enough I will move them into the greenhouse. I live in North
Carolina.

Oops.... I guess I should have worded it better

Can you grow food in the WINTER months in your green
house?

If yes..... how do you grow stuff in the summer? Cant
you open the green house up entirely to keep heat from
building up?

Please bear with dumb questions....as you can tell I
know NOTHING abt growing food. Nor greenhouses