Old 17-08-2006, 09:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default Orchid Photo Theft

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:47:22 -0400 in Pat Brennan wrote:

wrote in message and I'm in a
snipping mood:

3) The Trotskyesk reinvention of USENET as blogs and web forums. Why
accept a flame archived for all to see when you can just censor it
yourself? Need to astroturf a bit? Do it without publicly visible
logs.

Hey Chris,

Years ago when I used to post at work, I could add something to my post and
dejanews would not archive it. Do you know if that option is still
available now that Google is doing the archiving?

Well, X-noarchive: yes
in headers or first line of body is supposed to work.
But I'm of the mindset that that's just a flag to put it in a database
to be available for a fee. Plus I have dim memories of running a
news server for an employer where all employee posts with the
X-noarchive header were retained should management request them
for review.

One of the great failings of x-noarchive was that anyone could
post a followup that appeared to quote the entire text, but
contained something completely different.

--
Chris Dukes
"The key to effective management is properly timed hovering."