Old 17-08-2006, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Why is my geranium not flowering?

Charlie Pridham wrote:

The only grey leafed one I have noticed being shy flowering is G. renardii,
I have always found it flowers better in a crack in paving rather than the
beds. but there are varieties which only flower once so you may have missed
it for this year and there is nothing wrong. Did I miss the name? I may not
have all the posts. But the best grey foliage one I grow is G. robustum
which flowers well in May and June then comes back into flower about now so
you may still get something! and as an evergreen has beautiful foliage over
winter.

You didn't miss the name, I didn't mention it, because I don't
remember. I'll check if I still have the label planted in the bed - I
try to keep them, but I'm only human :-)
It's definitely not renardii. The foliage is very deeply dented.
Words fail me miserably to describe the leaves. Let's say that in
shape they look a bit like those japanese maples, with the edges of the
leaves following closely the veins. It's not robustum either, the
leaves are even skinnier than those.
I would say "tres decoupees" in French, if that helps :-) Sorry, the
brain is slowing down - must be Thursday evening :-) I can't find
photos that look like the foliage of my geraniums, so time permitting
this week end, I'll take a photo and upload it on tinypic.

Cat(h)