Old 17-08-2006, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Frogs in garden

"Space" wrote in message

"sam" wrote in message
Space wrote:
this is probably a daft question, but I will ask anyway.

my cat just found a frog in the garden and not for the first time.

the cat is indoors now and the frog is outdoors.

our garden is surrounded by fencing, and I assume that the frog somehow

came
in through the fencing. I am sure a close neighbour has a pond.

question - will the frog find his way back again? should I pick him up

and
ask the neighbour if he wants him back?

If you have a frog in your garden your lucky. A toad - even better.
They will devour slugs with relish
I'll bet your cat wanders into your neighbour's garden, so why shouldn't
his
frog wander into Yours ?

oh, I don't mind having a frog in the garden - I would hate for the cat to
hurt it though. also, daft as I am I worry that the poor little frog
doesn't have a large supply of water in my garden.

The frog is one of many that visit your garden.Unless you tag it you will
never know it is the same one:-)
Frogs are quite happy living outside a pond in the moist undergrowth.
Cats are fascinated by frogs but just tend to give them a few taps to make
them hop a bit. If the frog feels that it is getting in deep trouble it will
let you know by letting out the most horrendous shriek which will frighten
you and the cats.
My five cats regularly corner frogs but I have yet to find a half chewed or
injured frog.