Old 17-08-2006, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space[_1_] Space[_1_] is offline

Default Frogs in garden

"K" wrote in message
Space writes
this is probably a daft question, but I will ask anyway.

my cat just found a frog in the garden and not for the first time.

the cat is indoors now and the frog is outdoors.

our garden is surrounded by fencing, and I assume that the frog somehow

came
in through the fencing. I am sure a close neighbour has a pond.

question - will the frog find his way back again? should I pick him up

and
ask the neighbour if he wants him back?

He'll find his way back. At this time of year they're mostly on land, so
being in your garden is not a problem to him. They move to ponds for
breeding, some overwinter in the pond, and some will spend the day in
the pond if the weather is hot.

oh good - so I don't need to go out with a torch to track him down to tell
him to play in his own garden :-)