Old 18-08-2006, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Frogs in garden

"Space" wrote in message

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
oh, I don't mind having a frog in the garden - I would hate for the cat

hurt it though. also, daft as I am I worry that the poor little frog
doesn't have a large supply of water in my garden.

The frog is one of many that visit your garden.Unless you tag it you will
never know it is the same one:-)
Frogs are quite happy living outside a pond in the moist undergrowth.
Cats are fascinated by frogs but just tend to give them a few taps to
make
them hop a bit. If the frog feels that it is getting in deep trouble it

will
let you know by letting out the most horrendous shriek which will
frighten
you and the cats.
My five cats regularly corner frogs but I have yet to find a half chewed

or
injured frog.

i have heard about the scream but have not heard the scream. it is
comical
looking at a quizzical cat as he wonders just what it is leaping around.
but
not too funny when he brings them indoors to play.

we must have quite timid frogs here in Liverpool.

Nah! All Liverpool frogs already have ASBO's served on them,along with the
rest of Liverpool, and they would loose their street cred if they
screamed--- The cats know not to mess.
Bloody Lancastrians asking questions ---(Rupert---Yorkshire):-)

There is no such thing as a daft question-just a daft answer:-)