Old 18-08-2006, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default "Perfect" lawns are hideous

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:18:33 -0700, Persephone wrote:

Respectfully disagree. I thought myself well-informed on such
environmental issues, but it took a visit to a friend who didn't let
her child play on pesticide-ed lawns to raise my consciousness.

I suspect there are many well-intentioned people out there who have
never had the issue come to their attention, and who would take swift
action once they were informed.

The question is how to get the information out there.

Maybe PSAs on TV?

Persephone

On every bag of pesticide, which also includes herbicides there is a
WARNING or DANGER on the label. My sister in law figures if she
doubles the amount of Roundup she dilutes in the water it will kill
better. Clearly it tells people NOT to change how much you dilute,
and its probably even an unlawful act in some municipalities.

There is nothing I own which I didn't read the manual. If I read the
manual for a radio, wouldn't you think I would also take a gander at
the pesticide label? Didn't your interest peak when you put it out
asking yourself, gee how much of this goes out on the lawn. How did
you know how to use it? The information is out there, it's right on
the bag in English.