Old 18-08-2006, 04:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Ranger The Ranger is offline

Default Basil Buddings?

[Another article posted to ba.garden, too. -- TR]

I live in Zone 9. We've been experiencing some wild weather with temps
well into triple digits.

During that time, I purchased two beautiful 1-gallon basil beauties from
Trader Joe's, planted them in direct sunlight, watered them regularly,
and they took with no difficulty to their new digs. Today, when I went
out to trim some leaves, I noticed the silly things are blooming from
every tip. Is there a way of stopping that cycle or is it too late and
I'll just have to live with them cutting out soon?

The Ranger