Old 18-08-2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Rejuvenating pole beans

Forgot to mention, my heirloom greasy beans are now blooming well again
after a heavy first crop. There was about a 2 1/2 week lag time where they
looked very tired, but now new runners are appearing at the leaf/stem
joints. Give it a try, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Steve
"Steve Peek" wrote in message
nk.net...
I wouldn't prune them. I've had very good luck just stripping the remaining
beans & side dressing them. Insect & disease control are more important for
this second smaller crop than for the first.
Steve
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
If I cut my tired pole beans down to about 3 feet tall, strip any
remaining fruit off the vines, and side dress them with a little
fertilizer, will they put on a new flush of growth and give me a fall
crop? Or will the severe pruning kill them? Thanks.

Bob