Old 18-08-2006, 03:15 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
monique monique is offline

Default Help with identifcation

Oh! To be back in the Tatras again!!!

The first two images--it's not a Solanum. This is an odd composite,
Prenanthes purpurea (or something else very close.) What look like
petals are individual florets. Compare the photo at:
http://erick.dronnet.free.fr/belles_...s_purpurea.htm

The third one in this set, the dangly yellow, is indeed. Impatiens.
In the US we call it jewelweed. The fourth is something in the
Caryophyllaceae--your guess of a Dianthus is probably close.

The one from Italy is really interesting. Looks to me like an
umbellifer--try poking about in Eryngium.

Monique in TX

Peter B wrote:

Thank you for your responses. This is odd, because the posts appear on my
computer! I will try again here. There are 2 sets, both on 'flickr':

This set from the Tatra mountains in Poland in July:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3685655...7594232798196/

This plant from the Pulsano Gorge in the Gargano, Italy, this April.

Any help will be appreciated - thanks

Peter

"Peter B" wrote in message

PLEASE - could people have another look at my posts of 11/08/2006. Surely
someone out there can help!

Thanks

Peter