Old 18-08-2006, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Byford Nick Byford is offline

Default Straw or sawdust - in with horse manure

My wife swears by the sawdust variety.

I can't disagree, it mulches down nicely and the roses have been excellent,
as have all the other plants that have had their soil enriched by the stuff.

Straw apparently doesn't decompose so well. I may be wrong, just what I have
been told.

We use it both on the garden and in the compost heap and it has worked
wonders in both areas.

Nick
www.pennix.co.uk

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Straw or sawdust - in with horse manure - which is best?
There are free supplies of either.
Which would be better for the garden or compost heap?
--
Chris