Old 18-08-2006, 06:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default How many here grow food gardens inside green house year round?

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:47:36 -0500, wrote:

The Cook wrote:

Where do you live?. Does anyone near you grow vegetables? If so, go
talk to them.

I live in north Missouri

From what I gather here..... it sound like growing a
food garden all year round is just impossible without a
significant investment in infrastructure

I guess I better move to Big Island Hawaii and do it
there! g

You can possibly grow a garden year around, but not tomatoes in
January or broccoli in July without a major investment. You need to
do some serious research on gardening and your climate. You can grow
some things in hoop houses during the winter. There are books
available on extending the harvest. Find you county extension agent
and see what information is available there.

Since you said you knew nothing about gardening or greenhouses, you
should start by setting out a few plants and see what grows. That is
if you are really interested in year around gardening, or gardening at
all.
--
Susan N.