Old 18-08-2006, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default Basil Buddings?

In article ,
"The Ranger" wrote:

[Another article posted to ba.garden, too. -- TR]

I live in Zone 9. We've been experiencing some wild weather with temps
well into triple digits.

During that time, I purchased two beautiful 1-gallon basil beauties from
Trader Joe's, planted them in direct sunlight, watered them regularly,
and they took with no difficulty to their new digs. Today, when I went
out to trim some leaves, I noticed the silly things are blooming from
every tip. Is there a way of stopping that cycle or is it too late and
I'll just have to live with them cutting out soon?

The Ranger

Pinch the blooms back! That will extend the life of the plant. Be
ruthless.

And use the blooms in recipes. Yum! ;-d
--
Peace!