Old 18-08-2006, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default is this a clematis

In article ,
eddyjack writes:

| it is outside been planted about 3years this is first time it has
| flowered is covered in buds but only about 3flowers bloom at same time
| and when flower dies off it has a large sort of pod is this a seed pod
| and what is best for feeding it thanks very much for your help

It's a seed pod, yes, and is commonly called a fruit :-) It is edible
when it becomes orange, just like the fruit of P. edulis you buy in
the shops (but not as good). I wouldn't bother feeding it, as it will
merely encourage it to get out of control - it is a fairly vigorous
plant.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.