Old 19-08-2006, 05:28 AM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected] mr_reznat@yahoo.com is offline

Default New Ponder ?'s

Thanks for the info, Jan. Fell into this with no preparation, as I
guess is obvious...but I try to learn fast. Yes to both, it
recirculates constantly, and gets a hundred or so gallons of new spring
water every hour or two that flows through. The coastal temps here in
Oregon don't fluctuate much, but undoubtedly the pond will drop below
62 this coming winter. "Everybody" (the guy I bought them from) says
koi can survive ice on their pond as long as you make a hole in it for
them to breathe through, and since that most likely won't happen here,
I'm hoping for the best, living in a fools paradise ;0)
Seriously, I'll get a thermometer and start checking the temps through
the winter and see what's what.
Happy Ponding,
Mike

In your climate your fish are unlikely to have any problem with winter
weather. You should cut back on their food as the temperature drops
below about 60 deg F.

Rich