Old 19-08-2006, 04:25 PM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile Help to build a raised bed

hello everyone i was wondering if u could help me decide which way to build a raised bed.
i dont want to use pressure treated lumber because i am going to be using this bed for veggies but i do want to use some kind of timber.
i was wondering if anyone can tell me what they used for their walls.
this is going to be an interesting project i have never done this before.
i would like to build the walls about 2 to 3 feet high and go about 4 or 5 feet wide and around 15 to 20 feet at least long.
some things i was wondering is do u kill off the grass below and then remove it or do u build right over the grassed area after u kill it off? the base im building on is sandy clay loam and the grass is really cut short.
also would u put landscape fabric below your box to stop any weeds from working up through?
any help that anyone could give me would be really greatly appreciated. thanks everyone.
cyaaaaa, sockiescat.