Old 19-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Frank Mamone

Default DIY CO2 Mixtu A definitive Answer?

Phil,

Are you using a homemade bottle and what is you bubble rate and recipe you
use?

Thanks,

Frank

"Phil Dietz" wrote in message
om...
(David Wee) wrote in message

Problem is, the bubbles
sometimes lose their "momentum" and just stop at a random place along

its
upward path on the series of ramps. This causes a "bubble" traffic
congestion, and multiple bubbles start coalescing into one gigantic

bubble
that sits there for often 3 minutes or more.

Try fiddling with the diffuser. A slight angle helps some folks. The
bubbles will go faster in one direction, slam into the corner, then go
slow in the other direction getting much smaller.

Also of note, your bubbles will stop if you have a snail problem.
Those buggers park themselves on the stairs....some even park
themselves at the air tube end.

I've had my Nutrifin since Nov. Only issue is a slight algae growth
on the diffuser steps....my oto is small enough to fit, but it just
doesnt want to :-)