Old 19-08-2006, 05:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
madgardener madgardener is offline

Default What's your verdict?

wrote:
"J.C." wrote:

It's very, very expensive to get started. You would be much happier with
"Square Foot Gardening". You can grow enough for a family of 4 in 16 square
feet of space.

Yep I'm aware of square foot gardening and the book

But I live in north Missouri where we have winter as
was curious if anyway to grow food garden year round?

I'm looking into ways to become self sufficient. Work
less for money. And being able to grow food year round
would really help!

then you need to get the book by Elliot Coleman titled Four Season
Harvest. One of the best books you will ever find on the subject of
growing and harvesting and eating your own produce. Elliot Coleman lives
in Maine, by the way with his also very famous gardening partner,
Barbara Damrosche..........hope this helps.
madgardener