Old 19-08-2006, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Wasps again

On 19 Aug 2006 11:20:21 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
Pam Moore writes:

| How would you deal with a wasps' nest in the ground, under a huge
| lavender bush, in a smallish garden where two dogs want to romp?
|
| My son has this problem and discovered the wasps on return from 2
| weeks holiday. He is starting with running the hose into the hole,
| but so far to little effect.
| Has anyone any experience of dealing with this?
| Can anyone recommend a spray or other treatment?

Yes. Use the techniques first investigated scientifically by the late
lamented Professor Pavlov. Let the damn pooches learn that hassling
wasps isn't clever. Wasps are not aggressive, and will ignore dogs
that don't actually try to dig the nest up. Any normal dog will learn
that, PDQ.

If the dogs are as thick as Odie in the Garfield comic strip, replace
them by something brighter.

Thanks Nick, but for once your reply is unhelpful.
The dogs are young, one is being looked after for a week, and both are
intelligent Black Labradors and being well trained.
Urgent help is wanted.... anyone?

Pam in Bristol