Old 20-08-2006, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default Pruning sun fuschia

What is a "sun fuchsia"?
Gary

Persephone wrote in message
This is So.Calif coastal.

I have let my sun fuschias get out of hand.

Lots of branches crossing; little "threads" from dead blooms, in
short, a mess.

Rather than get in there and fiddle with all this, which would take
forever, am wondering whether I could just cut back to a few trunks
and wait for plants to come back.

(I have done this repeatedly with a "regular" fuschia when it got too
long & droopy, and it always came back. But the configuration of this
fuschia is quite different from the tangled mess of the sun fuschias.)

Any experience/input on this?

Persephone