Old 20-08-2006, 02:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
Netter[_1_] Netter[_1_] is offline

Default I have some holes in my garden soil.

I should have mentioned that this is central New York.

The holes are in part of the lawn that needs reseeding.

Giving the above do you still think I should leave them alone?

Thanks

" Netter" wrote in message
I have some holes in my garden soil.
They are about 1/2 inch in diameter.
By the amount of the soil piles along side I'd guess they are not very
deep.
I saw an insect by one.
It had orange legs and an some orange and some black near the end of it's
body.
Maybe it looked like a big wasp.

It was filling one of the holes.
I watched as it moved dirt and even pebbles almost 1/4 inch long into the
hole until it was filled.

There are other holes nearby.

What is the insect?

How do I get rid of it and if it buried eggs - the eggs.

Thanks for any help