Old 20-08-2006, 03:39 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default And some people say there's no God..........

On 19 Aug 2006 16:40:44 -0700, "Chris H. Fleming"
wrote:

I often hear people say "it's not hurting anybody" or "it makes them
happy" when refering to irrational beliefs. Say something mundane like
a person calling psychic hotlines. It doesn't hurt anybody directly. I
used to feel this way.

But there are evil things people do that can not be rationalized by
anything other than the unbelievable. Flying a plane into a building
one extreme. Or even the minority of Americans who believe God comes
down from his thrown and magically injects a human soul into the zygote
when the sperm and egg unite, so they forbid life saving research,
because that would inconvenience the zygote's soul.

By tolerating mundane irrationality, we create a environment where
threatening irrationality can flourish.

When our president in the U.S. was re-elected I looked at my husband,
he at me and we both at the same time said, "this is going to be a
third world nation in 50 years or less." Nothing will be made here,
nothing invented here because our schools teach to the test, and
overpopulation will prevail.

I am disgusted by this religious right fanaticism. It's AS bad, if
not worse than Muslims who are fanatical. I know many Muslims who are
the sweetest, most caring people. There just seems to be a different
animal these days which is taking religion as the law.

Stem cells can end suffering. I will never vote for anyone who agrees
with the president.