Old 19-08-2006, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al[_1_] Al[_1_] is offline

Default This Summer's observations...

If you have not read a book called "Watership Down" by Richard Adams, you
might enjoy it. Not about orchids, about rabbits. A lot about their
biology and behavior is factually presented, at least it feel factual on
reading. If I remember correctly there is an afterwards that separates fact
from fiction, but it is a fictional story about a colony of rabbits on the
move. Fun book and they are kind of clever.

"bobc" wrote in message
ups.com...
I remember having a large white rabbit, back in the early 80's that I
would let run in our yard out back. One day, while I was sitting in
the kitchen, drinking coffee and watching this rabbit, I noticed a
neighborhood stray cat stalking my rabbit! I decided to see what would
happen.
The cat got closer and closer, but my rabbit didn't seem to notice ...
he continued to move about, happily munching the grass. I got out of
my chair, intending to scare away the cat and save the stupid rabbit.
All of a sudden, before I had done anything, that rabbit jumped
straight up into the air, and kicked the cat with both back paws
directly in it's face!!!
The cat let out an awful screech and ran as fast as it could. I was
standing there, in the kitchen, with my mouth hanging open ...
dumbfounded. The rabbit scooted around the yard a couple times,
running and jumping and then settled down to continue eating, as if
nothing had happened.
My respect for rabbits and their courage and intelligence, remains to
this day.
Bob

J Fortuna wrote:
Gene,

In fictional novels they can of course.

In reality rabbits have about the intelligence of a cat, I believe.