Old 19-08-2006, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default What am I eating?

There are some 'accidental' fruits in my garden, which I'd like to identify.

I have eaten (and stewed) quite a few without ill-effect and they are
ripe now. They are yellow, about 1.8 cm in diameter and have a central
stone, measuring around 1cm.

The flesh is sweet and tastes just like a plum, the skin is rather sour.

The branches of the tree which bears them have long (2-3cm) sharp
spikes/thorns.

They're obviously a prunus, I think. Are they mirabelles? Googling so
far has not shown me the rest of the plant. The spikes are vicious...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.