Old 19-08-2006, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default Frogs in garden

In message , JennyC
writes

"cineman" wrote
snip

Dont pick the frog up the sweat on your hands could injure him/her at
least wet your hands in soft/rain water first if you must pick them up.
regards
Cineman

OH ?
Never heard that before.

It's theoretically true that the salt on its skin would absorb water
from inside the amphibian. In practice, unless your hands are very
salty and the amphibian small and conditions dry, they can cope.

I remember once having to remove a toad that'd been sitting on my bare
foot for an hour or so, as I wanted to go indoors for lunch - it can't
have been suffering much.

It's obviously best not to disturb them unnecessarily, but lunch counts
as a necessity.

--
Sue ]