Old 20-08-2006, 02:14 PM
GardenCadet GardenCadet is offline
Registered User

Location: Dorset

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
Hello, and welcome to GardenBanter.

As people will be reading this in different ways (e.g. through a newsreader rather than a website forum) you are forced to 'quote' the message you are replying to (but feel free to snip this). This is because not everyone will be reading it in a linear style (first message to last message) as you do in GardenBanter, so you always need some context to your replies.

I did used to lurk occasionally at A4ALL, but I had not visited in quite a while. What happened to it?
Hello Kevin, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate your advice on how to post. Yes i am far more used to posting on 'linear' forums as you call them so will have to get used to quoting when replying. As you can see i have started with this reply.

Goodness knows what happened to A4All. it was a good site and i hope it comes back (dont worry i will keep visiting GB as well!). My only hope is that if it doesnt come back, that some of the regular members there will find their way here, since i found them a great bunch of people. A statement i soon hope to be able to make about garden banter!

Regards
Gardening Forever!!