Old 20-08-2006, 10:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default Tomato 'sport'

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:41:15 -0700, "RHR"
wrote:

How common are tomato 'sports'? I have one on an Italian tomato plant which
has 9 or 10 typical slightly elongated Roma-like tomatoes, and one very
different broad plump and 2-3 times the size of the others? Color is just
beginning to turn. Is this common or should I get excited?

RHR

Maybe try to keep a cutting from the sport over the winter and replant
next spring, you might have something interesting, or you might not.
anyway, it should be worth the effort to find out.