Old 20-08-2006, 02:09 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default And some people say there's no God...

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:55:53 +0930, Michael Gray
wrote:

Rather than a "leap of faith", I prefer to think of it as "jumping
into the gaping bottomless chasm of superstion".

I am not sure why non believers think people who are believers are
superstitious.

Spirituality is a very subjective thing and means different things to
different people. When I'm engaged in conversation and the subject of
god comes up, I ask people what they mean by "god." I am always
surprised to find out many people use the term as a metaphor and it
actually means nothing.

My mother is always saying god watches out for her. If she wants to
believe that, and it gives her some solace, I shut my mouth. I don't
engage her in that discussion because I do not believe in god, or that
someone is watching me who created me. It's still nice to allow for
others to have their thoughts and sometimes it's really good to just
shut my mouth.