Old 20-08-2006, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jennifer Sparkes Jennifer Sparkes is offline

Default What am I eating?

The message
from "Charlie Pridham" contains these words:

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

big snip

Sounds like bullace.

Bullace are purple and the trees have no thorns

Well my childhood memories of what we called Bullace was
like the picture on the above, ie greenish yellow flushed with
pink and better eaten after a slight frost. Can't remember about
the thorns but think there were a few.

However when I 'googled' for Bullace, after reading another
thread in urg, the pictures showed them as purple!

Where are you Rusty??? ... who ages ago told me there were
quite a few bullace trees in Norfolk.

BTW Helen whatever they are they sound rather nice - lucky you.

Jennifer in Bristol - totally confused!