Old 20-08-2006, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Pear problem

JennyC wrote:

Albizia julibrissin
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Albizia_julibrissin

That's the one 'arbre de soie'. I'll try to catch it in flower next
spring. I'm going back in Dec/january to help with (re) starting that
veg plot which got really abandonned. It's behind the row of trees and
bushes. It's sand - all sand! I've told them to order mega tons of
manure. There's nothing else to do. Only the tomatoes and chillies got
going ...

Oooooooo - got any spare ones going pelase? I'd love to try it too:~)

Off Course! I've got a few pods - it's in the post! Last year I've
pinched lots of wisterias, I've got 3 going, lanky spindly things but
given time I'm sure I'll cover a wall or two. Incidentally I'm going to
chop my 7 years old one which never flowered. Wish me luck, I don't
really like being *that* brutal. We're going to loose lots of beautiful
twisted wood but it needs a shock to spur it into some action I think.
I've returned to find all our japanese anemones into bloom, the verbena
went bizerk and is taller than me (I know easy) and tons of blueberries
and black berries (from a thornless variety). Really sweet these are.

Back to work tomorrow ... deep sigh