Old 20-08-2006, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
John A. Keslick, Jr.[_1_] John A. Keslick, Jr.[_1_] is offline

Default suggestions for plantings in NYC

Planting Suggestions
http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html

Pruning and such
If you do not desire imposing extra injury to your tree - I highly suggest
reading this book.
And do not use wound dressing.
Once you have read it you will be able to answer your own question.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/TPRUNING.html

You also would be wise to offer the tree other treatments that address their
requirements.
This book would help someone understand many treatments.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/MARBOR.html

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com

http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.

KICK RICK SANTORUM OUT IN 2006!
Why? See his score card here
http://capwiz.com/lcv/dbq/vote_info/...=&azip=19 380

"markww" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,

I just got an apartment in the heart of new york city with a yard that
is about 20ft x 20ft in size. The backyard has been completely
neglected and is overrun by weeds. I am wondering if anyone has any
tips for plants I can start planting there beginning September 1st (my
move in date) after I mow that jungle down.

I'd like to get some types that will survive a few months before the
frost hits, and if they automatically re-bloom in the spring that would
be terrific (I don't know what the garderning term is for that,
perennials?). Thanks for any ideas,

Mark