Old 21-08-2006, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Netter[_1_] Netter[_1_] is offline

Default I have some holes in my garden soil.

thanks

"Charles" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:26:51 -0400, " Netter"
wrote:

I should have mentioned that this is central New York.

The holes are in part of the lawn that needs reseeding.

Giving the above do you still think I should leave them alone?

Thanks

Yes. If that area is attractive to wasps, then it will probably
remain attractive to wasps. If you rid yourself of the present batch,
more will show up, until you rid the entire area of them. Solitary
bees and wasps, to my knowledge, do not defend their nests of spots
where they have laid eggs, so they shouldn't present an ongoing
problem except for the holes they dig. As I mentioned before, don't
step on them with bare feet.