Old 21-08-2006, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default tomatoes

wrote:
I have tomatoes plants of different varieties in the ground and in 5
gal.buckets and they are all cracking on the top of the tomatoe its
self. Can someone help me out with this problem?

What varieties are you growing? Some tend to crack more than others.
Uneven watering can also cause some varieties to crack. And if your
summer has been anything like our summer (very hot!) you can expect a
few to crack.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years