Old 21-08-2006, 03:27 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general
Tomes Tomes is offline

Default Riding Lawn Mower Advice

wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:15:56 -0400, Jim Ledford
wrote:
Actually, it got it's name because way-back-when, that's where
the local store was.

When asked 'where are you going ?', the local folks would
reply 'I have to carry Momma to the store'.

Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later,
'Cary'.

Around here in NJ we have 2 towns next to each other called Hopewell and
Amwell.

Story is that long ago when the 2 groups of folks would meet up one would
say to the other "I hope you are well". The other replied "I am well".
Over time they became known as the Hopewells and the Amwells.

Tomes