Old 21-08-2006, 02:42 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default And some people say there's no God...

On 21 Aug 2006 03:09:15 -0700, "thomas p."
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:

As for believers who harrass non believers, I would ignore them. It's
a problem IMO when someone has to or tends to defend a position as
fact. When asked about reincarnation and if science disproved it, The
Dalai Lama simply said, "Then we will get rid of it immediately!"

The more relevant question would be why teach something for which there
is no objective reason to believe is true?

If you are talking about reincarnation, there are extensive tests
performed when a young Tulku or Rinpoche manifests in another body
after they die. I'm not saying you should belive, I am saying I
believe this to be true and it would take me far too much time to
explain karma and rebirth in a forum like this. I don't find I have
any authority to discuss, or defend the position.

However, there are many books written with Gelugpa traditions. His
Holiness has a newish book, "The Universe In A Single Atom." I could
be off on the title.