Old 21-08-2006, 12:51 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default recipe for Zucchini Loaf

"Terryc" wrote in message
John Savage wrote:
Seeing an abundance of zucchinis in the supermarkets at the moment was
a reminder to get my Mum to email me this recipe.

This recipe for Zucchini bread (actually a sweet cake loaf) is delicious,

Tried this on the weekend, but cut the sugar in half and thought it was
still too sweet.

ya, that's a lot of sugar. i usually halve the sugar in pretty much
everything. i have to or it's just too sweet for me. (american recipes i'd
probably use a quarter of what they recommend. lordy!!)

Ended up thinking it was a waste of zucchini, but an okay basic cinnamon
cake.

Must find an old vege bread recipe, which the wife and I decided might
be better.

What oil do people use?

i use olive oil for everything, actually. either x-virgin if it's for
something which should taste olive-oily, or "light" (one of the latter
pressings) if it should be blander.
kylie